I could not find my Office CDs to load onto a newly formatted hard drive, so I decided to use the spreadsheet portion of Google Docs.   It was a mistake.   On Sunday, I continuously received a green "Updating" block while updating columns, specifically those doing mathematical computations.  The "Updating" block means there is a visible pause while the cell updates.  I received this while adding and removing rows, and when updating a formula.  My spreadsheet had approximately 1000 data columns doing simple arithmetic.  On Monday, I tried again, with better results.  But I still saw intermittent problems in updating cells.   After more investigating, I found the spreadsheet to be OK for simple tasks but it is not enterprise ready.